The Kabana is the happy medium lock - 'happy' being the vibrant selection of Knog's colours, and 'medium' being a balance between lightness and strength. We love the colour range and hard-wearing silicon-style rubbery finish, but also the Kabana's additional strength over its rivals of a similar style.
At only 500g, it still has a better protected core of wires than many other 'sausage' locks, buying you precious time against the thieves (although we'd suggest using the Kabana as a secondary lock if you're securing your bike long term or overnight). At last, an attractive bike lock that goes beyond the purely practical but also causes the thieves some headaches.
- Length: 740mm
- Weight: 500g
- Full cable diameter 17mm, interior steel cable diameter 10mm
- Silicone overmoulded braided steel cable with fibre core, giving extra strength
- Patented seamless overmould using industrial grade UV stable silicone
- Braided loose bound steel cable with fibre core (making cable more secure in the event of bolt cutter attack)
- 3 Colour coded overmoulded keys with wrist coil
- 1000 combination blade style lock cylinder
- 11mm Stainless steel locking shackle
- No leverage points, as an extra headache for thieves
- Non Mark / Scratch surface
- Several colours available
Knog are an Australian firm from Melbourne who've made a huge splash in the bike accessories world. They did the small time pub gigs of the bike world for years before finally getting talent spotted - and the rest is rapidly becoming history.
Their funky locks and lights have made an almost unprecedented impression within their sector, and they're expanding into other areas at high speed.
In fact, there are few other players in the cycling world with such a conviction that existing 'rules' count for nothing - and that colour can be used anywhere. But it’s the quality of their designs and manufacturing standards that really marks them out – no danger of style over substance with these guys.
Complete the Look
Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // firstname.lastname@example.org // +44 (0) 1302 249 323