Chantelle Matthews, Head Designer at Polaris, has created the Polaris range for women cyclists and made it to suit all female riders, whether you're a leisurely weekend cyclist or a trail shredder with an eye for cycling-specific features. And the quality belies the prices!
The Polaris Medusa Jersey is a fabulous blend of technical quality, feminine cut, strong colouring and - as important as anything - the kind of design that crosses over for any activity. The Medusa's contoured cut hugs and skims in all the right places, creating a flattering fit that makes this a must-have women's cycling jersey. It could become a real staple in your exercise wardrobe.
Teamed up with the brilliantly adaptable Polaris Adventure Shorts, Polaris Vela Mitts and even an all important pair of simple but effective clear Polaris Clarity cycling glasses, it's a perfect bundle both for entry level cyclists and more experienced riders.
Please note: the colour of the Medusa Jersey has proved tricky to reflect exactly. In practice, it's a rich grape colour - slightly lighter than the product pictures, but a little darker than the pictures of the model wearing it!
We recommend following these measurements from the Polaris Women's Size Guide to achieve the correct fit:
|VeloVixen Size||UK Size||Bust (inches)||Hips (inches)|
For the gloves, please measure around your knuckles for accurate sizing:
Small: 16cm - 17.5cm
Medium: 17.5cm - 19cm
Large: 19cm - 20.5cm
- Trail jersey equally suitable for other kinds of cycling
- Cooldry fabric wicks away perspirations efficiently to regulate your temperature
- Rear storage pocket
- Reflective print for added visibility after dark
- Mesh panelling in strategic ventilation areas
- Flatlock stitching ensures extra comfort and minimises chafing
- Female design team
- Womens specific cycle shorts, including unfussy padded insert
- Elastic anti ride-up gripper hems
- High wicking performance
- Ergonomic feminine design, with flattering 6 panel fit
- Women Specific lightweight cycle mitts with strapless cuff and stretch gusset for optimum fit
- Lycra back and fingers for supperior stretch
- Gel padded amara palm
- Terry wipe thumb and stripe detail the back of the palm
- Clear, anti-glare lenses
- Lightweight, ultra-flexible, durable TR90 plastic frame
- Rubberised injection-moulded temple pads
- Adjustable nose piece to ensure a comfortable fit
- Supplied with a soft micro fibre pouch plus an EVA hard case for storage
Polaris are a UK based company that have been producing technical cycling clothing for over 20 years now. Under the watchful eye of founder Roger Dillon, they started off developing kit for mountain bikers in the '90s. With oodles of experience, Roger committed to diversifying into all areas of cycling and Polaris now has successful road, urban and trail ranges.
From their humble base in Derbyshire, Polaris has developed into a truly international brand, with their kit worn by cyclists worldwide. What makes Polaris stand out for VeloVixen is that we feel their design team truly understand the needs of female cyclists in terms of fit, function and design.
Chantelle Matthews, head designer and keen mountain biker, has developed the Polaris women's range in collaboration with a predominantly female design team. They take into account all of the different shapes and sizes, and work hard to ensure a considerate fit and contoured design, so every individual wearing Polaris gear looks and feels comfortable in the saddle.
Complete the Look
Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // firstname.lastname@example.org // +44 (0) 1302 249 323