You simply wouldn't know the beautiful Water Off A Duck's Back Cassandra Raincoat is designed for cycling - until closer inspection... Not only is it elegantly fashionable, it has all the elements that you would expect from an urban cycle coat.
Cut specifically to suit a cycling position, its double-breasted shape allows for plenty of movement across the arms and shoulders when you're over your handlebars - whilst still retaining a tailored look when you climb off your bike. There are generous hidden reflective panels under the cuffs, collar and belt which can all be easily hidden away when you want you coat to look 'normal' off your bike.
It's breathable, machine washable and fully waterproof (not just showerproof). Its design means it won't catch in the wheels of your bike. And the hood is detachable so you can take it off in case you're not a hood fan.
Rated 'Test Winner' by Cycling Active Magazine in their March 2014 Women's Raincoats review, and rated 9/10.
Water Off A Duck's Back is a proudly British firm, and size their garments along typical UK sizing lines. Before choosing your size, consider how many layers you're likely to wear under yours - if the answer is 'several', don't be afraid to go for the larger of the two sizes.
X-Small: UK Size 8-10
Small: UK Size 10-12
Medium: UK Size 12-14
Large: UK Size 14-16
X-Large: UK Size 16-18
- Tailored in the arms and shoulders for cyclists - so you can ride most kinds of bike in comfort (while not compromising on style)
- Waterproof (not just showerproof)
- Hidden reflective panels on underside of cuffs, collar and belt for night riding:
- Cuff folds down to reveal reflective strip (usefully, you need longer sleeves in a riding position anyway)
- Belt turns over to reveal reflective strip
- Collar goes up to reveal reflective strip
- PU coated microfibre - quick drying
- Lightweight - approx. 700g, depending on size
- Designed specifically not to catch in the wheel of a bike
- Discrete clip on hem to clip the two front panels together
- Generous pockets
- Detachable hood
- Machine Washable - wash in 40c, with non-biological powder
Water Off A Duck's Back was formed when Antonia Maybury got tired of having to put on functional, unflattering cycle wear over her normal clothes when using her bike. She set up Water Off A Duck’s Back to provide beautiful stylish clothing for cyclists who want to look stylish and fashionable whilst staying safe, warm and dry on the go.
"I was tired of having to carry out my best highlighter impression to be safe on the roads. I was desperate to find a good-looking waterproof coat. I was amazed to discover that there was nothing that I liked in the market place - and so Water Off A Duck's Back was born."
Her objective is to create coats that look like chic regular coats but that enjoy hidden qualities. Waterproof, breathable and machine washable, they have hidden reflective panels so you can cycle safely after dark (without looking like a highlighter!).
As a British business based in London, Water off a Duck's Back tries to work with other British businesses to create their products. The coats are made in a factory in Kentish Town (North London). To minimise the impact of our business on the environment the packaging used for transportation from factory to shop and warehouse is British made bio-degradable plastic.
Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // email@example.com // +44 (0) 1302 249 323