This article was published in February 2015. To view helmets currently available at VeloVixen, visit our Helmets page.
Here at VeloVixen we aim to keep you at the forefront of new products in the world of women's cycling. Since launching we've worked hard to bring you cycle clothing and accessories that make a genuine improvement to your ride while retaining a certain je ne sais quoi in the style stakes.
As you can imagine then, we've been champing at the bit to announce that we're the first UK stockists of Prescott, the NEW women-specific enduro-style helmet from head protection specialists Bern.
We think you'll agree, the Prescott's styling and striking colour ways will definitely help you stand out as you shred the trails or skim down city streets, but more importantly this helmet does not suffer from style over substance and here's why...
- ZERO SHRINK & PINK: Bern make it a priority to shape all of their women's helmets specifically for the female form. Rather than 'shrinking and pinking' the Prescott, Bern use a liquid foam injection system called Zip Mold which in real terms means you end up with a lid that has a much lower profile than other helmets available - and a darn sight lighter too.
- FEMALE FRIENDLY: Not only does the women's Prescott have less bulk than other enduro helmets, in comparison to the men's Bern Prescott it has a softer, more attractive profile and is handily cut higher at the back to make space for ponytails.
- SWEAT FREE: Bern recognise that spending hours riding trails is hot work; the Prescott combats this with 16 well-placed vents to help regulate your head temperature.
- FIT FOR ALL: Everyone's head is shaped differently. Bern's answer to this is the 'Boa dial' - an internal adjustment dial which can be loosened or tightened to get the right fit. Combined with ultra-soft padding you're in for a comfy ride, as none of your hair will get caught in the adjuster dial.
- ACCESSORISE YOUR LID: Everything has been thought through, with little extras such as a goggle clip and a removable visor to offer you options as you ride.
- BREAK THE RULES: The Prescott might be dubbed an 'Enduro' helmet, but why restrict this bright, bubbly lid to the trails? Take the style to the street and commute like a boss in it. Arrive in style and wow your colleagues with this bold, stylish number from Bern.
So, if you’re looking for something a little different to finish off your MTB outfit, we whole-heartedly suggest turning your attention to the Prescott, a well-protected, heavily ventilated, durable and did we mention supremely stylish lid from Bern.
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // firstname.lastname@example.org // +44 (0) 1302 249 323