People often tell us they perceive VeloVixen as a big firm. It's time to come clean. We're not. And we never want to be Amazon or Wiggle. That's a different game altogether, and the megafirms do it well. We're proudly a self-funded family firm trying to contribute something significant to women's cycling.
That means growing. We want to look after customers even better than we do now, to offer an ever expanding range, and to become even more of a byword for quality women's cycling kit - whilst remaining steadfastly decent and imaginative in the way we do it.
So we need reinforcements.
Kirsty is heading off for her well-deserved maternity leave at the end of March. And Rose's rookie season with Team WNT is underway, meaning her time with us will be patchy over the summer.
We think we're on the hunt for two new pairs of hands to come and join us. 'Think', because much will depend on who we meet and how tasks could be allocated. On paper, these are the two roles:
1. Communications Manager
We need someone to take on the majority of our blogging, social media and product inputting as core tasks, but with plenty more around this. Your role is likely to involve:
- Regular blogging - to cover products, women's events, buyers guides, interviews and more
- Social media responsibility
- Inputting new products and updating existing ones in our ecommerce system
- Strategising and organising marketing opportunities
- Interaction with customers and suppliers
- Involvement in outside events that VeloVixen appears at
We're hoping to find someone with good experience within the cycling sector, some experience of online retail and a natural ability to communicate confidently with all parts of our business, from customers to cycling figureheads.
The role is likely to be 3 days a week to start with, but may well expand. Working some days remotely is feasible (provided you have strong internet) and hours can be flexible. Salary negotiable.
2. Inventory Controller
We're after someone to keep our stock levels organised, process orders and returns, and deal with both customers and suppliers. The role is likely to encompass:
- Daily processing of orders - picking and packing products, wrapping them with the care that ensures the recipient loves the experience
- Processing returns from customers
- Communicating with customers where extra clarification is needed
- Constant monitoring of stock levels to ensure we know exactly what we hold
The role is likely to be 5 half-days a week, so may suit someone with other regular responsibilities during the working day. An organised mind and methodical approach are key. Cycling experience is optional, but would be nice. You'll need to be able to get to our base just East of Oxford each day. Salary negotiable.
So if you're interested in joining our team, or know anybody who might be, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a few more details about you and how you might fit in... We look forward to hearing from you!
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // email@example.com // +44 (0) 1302 249 323