The best kind of cycling pants are the ones you can count on ride after ride to maintain bottom happiness, keep tummies snug and legs content. That's probably why Castelli named these knickers as they did. Impressive as they are, with a huge emphasis on comfort.
Made from Castelli's new ProDry soft 2-layer fabric, the Magnifica Knickers will keep that moisture under-control, whilst flattering your figure thanks to its lightly compressive matte finish. The front section around the waist is made from Affinity Lycra for extra stretch, taking away that awful digging-in sensation.
Castelli have used a leg band featuring their InMold silicone gripper, which gives a clean edge finish, ensuring the leg stays put when pedaling. What's more, its soft stretch actually eliminates the dreaded sausage effect - which granted, we all appreciate!
Then there's the KISS Air Donna women's specific seat pad which provides the perfect amount of cushioning, for the comfiest ride:
- A seamless skin care layer ~ super soft to touch, seamless to encourage zero chafing and antibacterial to prevent saddle sores and infection.
- Anatomical shape ~ moves with your every pedal, creating the perfect interface to your body for maximum comfort.
- Dual density, variable thickness ~ maximum thickness and density for the sit bones, moderate for the perineum and minimum for the perimeter.
|A Chest||B Waist||C Hips||D Inseam|
|X-Small||31" / 79cm||25" / 63cm||34" / 87cm||29" / 75cm|
|Small||33" / 84cm||27" / 68cm||36" / 92cm||30" / 76cm|
|Medium||35" / 89cm||29" / 73cm||38" / 97cm||30" / 77cm|
|Large||37" / 94cm||31" / 78cm||40" / 102cm||31" / 78cm|
|X-Large||39" / 99cm||33" / 83cm||42" / 107cm||31" / 79cm|
Not sure where to measure? Search through the images above until you find the measurement guide.
- ProDry 2-layer fabric ~ exceptional moisture management
- Affinity Lycra ~ at the front for extra stretch
- Lightly compressive
- Figure flattering
- Feel dry and comfortable
- InMold silicone leg gripper ~ clean edge finish & stops riding up
- Flat-lock stitched seams
- Weight: 171g
- KISS Air Donna women's specific pad ~ proven comfort | seamless skin care layer | anatomical shape | dual density & variable thickness
Q. What do a 19th century Italian tailor, a designer for the Milan Ballet and the first ever lycra cycling shorts have in common?
A. They are all part of a rich 140 year history that's led to today's most recognised brand in cycling: Castelli.
Throw in a heart attack on a famous Italian climb, family feuds, Olympic gold medals and controversy in the pro peloton and it begins to sound more like a Sicilian soap opera than the backdrop to a cycling brand. But then again Castelli is no ordinary brand.
Today, Castelli's scorpion emblem is arguably the single most recognised in cycling. Iconic is an overused word these days, but the Castelli brand surely qualifies.
We first discovered Castelli on our year long ride through the Americas in 2010, when our founder Liz (pictured) wore Castelli shorts and loved them, so stocking them seemed an obvious choice. But we're almost as captivated by the story behind the name as the kit itself! For the full Castelli story (it's quite a story!), click here.
Complete the Look
Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
Unit 28, Wheatley Business Park, Old London Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1XW // firstname.lastname@example.org // +44 (0) 1302 249 323